Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Events Overnight

I can't post any of these stories as they're subscription, but here is what's been happening overnight;

  • Yulia Tymoshenko announced a joint list of Democratic forces for the election

  • The VR Banned the Cabinet from allocating money for holding early elections.

  • The VR appealled to the Constitutional Court regarding its dismissal

  • The VR Reinstated the Central Election Commission that falsified the 2004 election

  • Yanukovych addressed the nation

***I've been informed by several people that there were no clashes overnight. I would likely to point out that I was merely relaying information I had received, as I frequently do. Unfortunately from my position in London I can't always independently verify such accounts. We all hope that there will be no violence during this period, and that Ukraine hold peaceful elections. Based on the claims of others I have decided to remove this bullet point.

4 comments:

DLW said...

clashes?

I'm sorry to hear that...

dlw

Anonymous said...

My Ukrainian friends say there have been no clashes...

dlw

DLW said...

IIU wrote for you over at OU...

Matt - you are relying on a translation AND

1) headlines can frequently be misleading and attention grabbing - that's why people read the full story to know what it is about
2) there is NO such corresponding headline in Ukrainian or Russian versions
3) as can be seen from visiting the UA and RU lang. versions the eng. lang. is NOT a mirror image of the other sites not in content nor images, etc. though logicaly it absolutely should be.

"If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words. "

Anonymous said...

You write very well.